View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
paulhar
paulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura aboutpaulhar has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Decent alternative to Stanza

I've got a collection of epub books on my mac. I've got calibre and have been using Stanza but for some books I'm suffering like other people with the "all but the first couple of pages is blank" bug. I've verified the book format with epubcheck and also checked them on a PRS-505 so I'm happy that the books aren't the problem. Gone through the Stanza support and forum loop and am giving up on it.

In iTunes I've done a quick search for epub but most of the other readers that come up don't appear to support epub files (e.g. kindle). Or are badly rated and not free so I can't just try them (i2reader)

Do you use a good ereader on your iphone/touch that can read epub files that you would recommend? It just needs to accept files from my local computer - either through it's own http server or by connecting to calibre on a lan.

Thanks in advance!
paulhar is offline   Reply With Quote