View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Hi Big Kev, and welcome.

With regard to eye strain and the similarity (or not) of an e-reader to a paper book, I would say that in my experience I have had no problems with eye strain and feel that the experience is very similar to reading a paper book.

I would stress that I can only speak for the Sony PRS-505, it being the only one that I have had any experience of, and also admit that I don't need glasses.

I would recommend that you do try to get as long a 'test read' of any reader you are interested in as you can. In other threads on here it seems clear that everybody's experience is different, with some people rejecting readers as having inadequate displays where others think that they're great.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote