View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #64
DebT
Enthusiast
DebT began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I have had my 505 for about a year and half...and battery has never been an issue. I charge it on my computer about twice a month if I remember, usually once. I do nothing with it but read books. I love the reader. I read every night and around an hour or two throughout the day.
My only mis fortune has been with the computer software. One day the library just would not open. I attempted to get help with no sufficient answers so I just dont use the library I use calibre to get the books I want on it. I miss the ability to organize that the collections provided but all in all I would not give my reader up. I will be looking for a new one come summer for my daughter. If something catches my eye I may consider a new one but for me I just read. I dont need all the bells and whistles I need the ease of carrying a wide variety of books and screen that is like the page of a book that I can easily lose track of in a story.
I'm sorry you had so many problems with them. I dont like their software but I love the reader and I would recommend the Sony for a reader and do.
Good Luck
DebT is offline   Reply With Quote