View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
What filter can he use to import a directory structure into Calibre and have the appropriate tags created so everything will be accessible the way he wants on the device?

Thanks - and pardon me for putting words in his mouth...
If you hadn't (explained further) I would have no idea what he needed.

Perhaps someone knows how to do what he wants to do automatically. I don't. It could be done (tags from folder names) but someone would need to write a script.

That said, here's how I would do it. I'll assume that the pdf's have authors and titles so that data is correct when loaded, and that the database is empty:

1) Use "Add Books From Single Directory" to add all books in his "Oral Cancer" directory.

2) Highlight all books, hit "e" and type "Done, Oral Cancer" on the add tags line. Hit OK.

3) On the "search" line at the main screen type "not tag:Done" All the books will disappear. (Because they are all now tagged with "Done")

4) Repeat 1) - 2) for more directories (leaving "not tag:Done" on the search line.)

It should go fast if his pdf's have the title and author correctly marked. If the Done tag screws up the Sony, remove it by highlighting all, hitting "e" to edit the metadata for all and remove the Done tag from all.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote