Startup active document after power-up
I extended the Recent Files patch, posted earlier, with the possibility to start with the document that was active during power-down, the next time the DR powers-up. This new functionality uses the popupmenu to determine which document is active. This means that documents that are not shown in the popupmenu (like FBReader) will also not be started automatically after power-up.
Viacheslav supplied a russian translation for the new settings-dialog.
The attached zip file should be unzipped on your SD-card. It will add 2 short-cuts in Home->Documents->Programs->Install:
Apply Recent Files Patch v1.2 and
Restore Recent Files Patch v1.2.
One to install and one to un-install the patch. The install and uninstall will do a reset of the DR1000, so do not worry when this happens.
Before you try:
THIS ONLY WORKS FOR THE DR1000! (do not try to use this for the DR800!!!)
THIS PATCH MODIFIES THE FIRMWARE (replaces 'ctb', 'popupmenu' and 'settings') SO APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ONLY USE FOR VERSION 1.7/1.7.1 OF THE FIRMWARE.
The posted version is used by 6 people, they have not found disturbing problems, but still you should be aware that you are modifying your firmware. Also note that the patches are applied the original versions of the R1.7/R1.7.1 firmware so DO NOT USE when you have another firmware installed!!! (Nor for the DR800.) If something went really wrong, I have no reason to believe that you would not be able to fix it with a firmware re-install.
- After the restart, you should go to the settings dialog
- You will see a new icon called "Recent Files" clicking on it gives a new dialog that:
Recent Files Options:
+ allows you the enable the feature to create short-cuts in the folder called Documents->Recent)
+ allows you to enable the feature to show the Recent folder after startup
+ allows you to start the active document during power-off, at the next power-up.
- re-opening all document is not implemented yet.
Card Removal Options:
- not implemented
I modified Settings->About to show the version of the Recent Files patch: V1.2.1.
- The Recent-Files folder only grows, old files will not be removed automatically.
- Only files that are opened from the 'folder view' are added. So if you open a new document in FBReader or xournal, these are NOT added in the Recent-Files folder.
- As said before, only files that show up in the popupmenu can be restarted after a power-up!. So all the native formats (pdf, txt, etc) and xournal documents can be restarted. But FBReader, midori, evince documents will NOT be restarted.
- Note that 'active documents' means that the document should still be opened and visbile when you shutdown the DR using the menu.
Please let me know what you think of it (bugs, improvements, other questions, ...)