Thread: Firmware
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 01:03 AM   #5
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.WilliamG actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The only problem is a purely cosmetic, and trivially solved, problem with the display of the battery meter - it doesn't reset to "full" following a charge (all you have to do to fix it is momentarily re-connect the wall charger with the Reader turned on). The upgrade offers a number of enhancements, such as longer battery life when playing MP3 files. I see no particular reason not to upgrade - certainly the battery meter thing is a complete "non issue"!
I 100% disagree with this assessment. The battery issue is a COMPLETE issue. The re-connecting of the charger doesn't work at all if, like me, you use a USB cable to charge the device. You have to reset your Reader EVERY time you use the USB charger, by pushing a paper clip or pin into the back of the Reader. I wish I hadn't upgraded my Reader's firmware. I really can't see many people using it as an MP3 player..
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote