View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
As always, the Duckee is right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The PEz is the V5 not the V3 series (that is th 6", basic)

The only way I see the price to come down, is for Astak to be selling the EZReader in Kindle size quantities. May, RobertB have that problem to worry about
Dear All:

the Ducks has a good and valid point. QUANTITIES make the price go down. I only wish we had 1/10th the throughput that Amazon has. Yes, if we could order 20,000 from the factory at one time the price would go down. Unfortunately, that is not the case (yet).

Dale did a great job of defining that Astak works closely with the factory to get these eBook Readers right for the American Market. We also provide all technical support, customer service, and warranty right here in the USA. We also pay extra to have the bodies of these eBook Readers we sell come out in colors. Lastly, we have this presence on MobileRead Forum.

The big news coming is about a new website and not about price decreases.

There is a ton of similarity between our Astak products and other V3 and V5. I do not deny that and never have. BUT... we also include the case and ear buds with the unit at no extra charge. Some others sell the case seperately. I think we do more than enough to differentiate ourselves as a better choice.

Lastly, Astak has two lines from two factories. It also is developing its own MID line! It also sells far more than just eBook Readers: IP Network cameras, micro cameras, and other consumer electronics. I think this also seperates us from others who offer the V3 and V5.

Last edited by Robertb; 01-20-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote