View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
Thanks everyone, I think I have decided on the PP. I went to Best Buy today and saw the PRS-300 (wasn't sure if 5" was enough) and I think the size is good. I like the PRS-300 I just like the additional features of the Astak PP. I do just have a couple more questions:

You say Astak is a Team Research Division, so you do customize the firmware for the PP? I know that the hardware is the same as the bebook and hanlin v3, but what exactly does Astak do that sets it apart from Endless Ideas or Jinkie?

I saw Robert you mentioned you were going to announce something within the next few days, and the post was the 18th? Hopefully it is a price cut or free shipping. I'll place my order after the announcement is made!

Looking forward to becoming part of the Astak EZ Reader PP community,
-Dan
I wouldn't wait for a price cut. I would be worried the current price won't last. The announcement is not related to eBook Readers directly. There are clues in the pre-announcement that will guide you as to what to expect related to content.

They do not customize the eBook reader besides the logos and opening/closing screens. However, they do work closely with Jinke on features and fixes and may get releases ahead of other vendors. They also do a quick test before posting updates. But overall they will all get the same features eventually. The firmware is interchangeable between the various brands.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote