View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, K3
My Alternative

It's good to see that Astak has added the Mighty Bright light to their website! I have one of my own (XtraFlex) & initially I really liked it, but of late have come to only be lukewarm about it. To me - and this is just my own opinion - it was just too big for my PocketPro. I felt like there was no good angle for the flexible neck such that it wouldn't be "in the way".

So, I was in Barnes & Noble yesterday perusing their other book lights & ended up purchasing the Relight Rechargeable Book Light. It's a little pricey
($35), but it eliminates the need for endless battery purchases for mobile use. But even better than that, it's very compact, has 4 LEDs with 2 settings (super bright & bright), has good charge life, and can be adjusted to your preferred viewing angle without being "in the way" visually.

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Home...?cds2Pid=25455

I'm in no way trying to rain on Astak's parade with Robertb's announcement of the Mighty Bright being available now via the Astak website. I just wanted to post another alternative that I haven't seen discussed here before for book lights.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote