View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #34
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
As a Sony user for almost a year now, and a satisfied one, I have heard people complain about battery problems before. Anticipating a future problem I purchased a replacement battery for my 505 from a third party source. Having read through the tech manual it appears to be a 5 minute job with one small screwdriver to replace the battery so I thought it a good pro-active measure. But my battery life seems to just get longer and longer the more I use the reader. I was happy getting two weeks of daily reading (leaving the unit on in between reads) but these days I seem to be getting even more than that!

I think I paid about $25 USD for the battery. While Sony certainly should have helped you in a better fashion, rather than sell the unit, why not put in a new battery from a third party source. That way you aren't even dealing with Sony again and your reader is functioning properly.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote