View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Fire, Sony PRS-350, iPad Mini, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS650 View Post
Bad: ...I also don't like the fact that locked books do not seem to let me adjust the font size. Other books I prefer 18pt font, but I can't seem to make that work with the locked books.

Ugly: I find that it seems to miss some of the words on the page breaks when viewing locked books. I've seen this mentioned by others a few times, so I am hoping that Ectaco is working on fixing this in a firmware upgrade.
Both these problems ARE fixed with the latest firmware 0.15 which displays the unlocked books from B&N just fine and allows the font size selections. See links and details of upgrading the firmware here
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70171

I find that after some usage I actually like the slider control on the left and now use that more than the other two methods of advancing the page - I hold the JBL in my left hand with my thumb on the slider and have my right hand free to eat or write with...
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote