View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #32
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Just a couple of thoughts

I've had my 600 for 3 or 4 weeks now. It came showing about 75% charge. I figured I'd run it down before I gave it a full charge. Seven days later it seemed that it just didn't want to discharge, it was at 25%.

I have only "turned it off" once. But I didn't like the wait so I never have again.

In other words - No battery problem at all. For me, that is.

I work with battery powered electronic locks. Mostly schools and universities. When used on a dorm room they last about 4 years. On a teachers lounges, about 2 years.

One school ordered 60 sets of batteries. I was sent out to resolve a problem where many of the electronic locks were behaving erratically. Forty five would hold a charge long enough to test them but would fail after a load.

Point 1 - there could have been a run of bad batteries.
Point 2 - the charging circuit could have flaws.

Either way they should be returned.

Suggestion: If the helpdesk person is a pain in the ..., ask them to wait a moment. On minute later put them on speaker phone and tell them you have others listening in to help you understand why they (Sony) can't send you a replacement unit.

And DO use a speaker phone, or call them back when you have access to one.

Point 3 - most people do not have problems. I did not say that you didn't, just that most do not. If you do then try my suggestion. It works really well.

Suggestion: And don't forget to write down the date, time, and the persons name. When you can call back and say that on the 3rd you talked to Judy at 3:45pm you will get a better response than saying " I talked to some guy last week and he said...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't like Sony? A google search for "battery problem" "prs-600" got 311 results.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

A google search for "battery problem" kindle got 2,100.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

(and, yes, those numbers will go up over time)

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 01-18-2010 at 08:27 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote