We received word (thanks Eric!) of a new e-reader device launched in South Korea today. Take the hardware case of the STAReBOOK
and equip it with the latest technology E Ink currently has to offer, and what you get is the NUUT eBook Reader
. And while it's not the size of its screen that is going to impress your friends (6-inch is de facto standard today), it's most likely to be the doubled refresh speed and the 20 percent boost in brightness compared to previous E Ink readers.
The Vizplex Imaging Film
technology was only recently introduced by E Ink.
- Weight: 178g
- Screen: E Ink Vizplex (6-inch / 168dpi / 600x800 pixels)
- CPU: ARM-compatible 32bit RISC CPU (250Mhz) operated at 200MHz
- Memory: 8MB (Boot ROM) + 32MB (SDRAM) + 512MB (RAM)
- Battery: Li-ion (one charge for 7'500 pages)
- Expansion Slots: SD Card
- Other Interfaces: USB 2.0, headphone
Street price will be around US$300.
If you can figure out which e-books format the NUUT supports, feel free to comment here.