As a comparison, here are the Aluratek Libre firmware instructions. Does it really take the Jetbook 10-15 minutes to upgrade? My Libre takes about 2-3 minutes.
Aluratek Libre firmware instructions
1. go to www.aluratek.com
then select the “support” tab
2. click the drop down arrow and curser down to the “Libre AEBK01F or
3. select AEBK01F or AEBK01WF – “Libre” from the Drivers drop down menu to download the latest firmware (AEBK01F.zip or AEBK01WF.zip)
4. unzip AEBK01F.zip to find the firmware folder (you may use program such as WinZip)
5. insert the included SD card into AEBK01F
6. power on AEBK01F
7. connect AEBK01F to your computer
8. copy the folder “firmware” to the root directory of the SD card
9. disconnect AEBK01F from your computer after the file transfer
10. Reset AEBK01F by pressing the “RESET” button in the back of the unit
11. Push and hold both ‘>’ and ‘Power’ buttons for more than 5 seconds to boot up until you see the “Aluratek” logo
12. Wait for 10 to 20 seconds until the upgrade screen
13. Follow the on screen instruction to upgrade the unit (Regards to the warning message about the data been erased, only the internal memory will be erased and the free eBooks on the SD card will not be erased)
14. AEBK01F will now update the firmware. Please wait until you see the message
“Firmware Upgrade completed! The upgrade process takes about 2 minutes.
Note: the firmware process will erase the contents on the internal memory of the eBook reader but not the contents in the SD card.
Latest Aluratek Libre Firmware
Added 7/12/2010 update
Version 0.17d is available http://aluratek.com/media/downloads/...de-v.0.17d.zip