View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Given how tightly Amazon is guarding any sales information regarding the Kindle and eBook sales, I'd be surprised if anyone (but Amazon) has a clear picture of what they truly have. I saw another analyst state matter-of-factly that Amazon sold over 2 million Kindles...but again, Amazon has not officially or unofficially released any sales data. And given they are the manufacturer and sole point of sales, its not like analysts can ask retailers, so I'm pretty skeptical of any claims at all, until Jeff Bezos comes out and says so in a financial statement
They are, of course, not the manufacturer. They are made by a Taiwanese company in China (was it Foxconn the Iphone/Ipod builders?). I am sure that it would be possible to get some data on Kindle production figures from there through various channels -- which doesn't mean the analyst actually did have it.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote