View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Guys I'm so grateful. I'l be one of the people you'll be helping. Bought the 600 last week, will pick it up in three.

I'm checking out what needs to be done to try and pre empt probs, since I'm useless at resolving tech glitches and would pref just not to have to.

So, what I am perplexed about is the software.... this is what I'm hearing, don't use Sony reader software.... hell its not so bad...... you need updates...... you don't really need updates..... use calibre...... don't use calibre and sony software at same time..... how do you disable the software?... is autorun the same default ebook software....if the software is running autmotically it will by default open the ebooks, no? you can disactivate that by... jargon jargon (i'll check out the link in spideog's post, thanks for that). use ADE to strip drm (what does ''strip" mean, is that the same as opening a bought book in ADE, does that strip the drm?), and now, the latest, ADE doesn't work on a Mac when using the Sony reader? Just when I was set to use ADE and calibre. And registering? if Mac doesn't work with ADE then I will need to use sony reader software after all.

And so it goes...

Could I ask for two things, Mac and PC advice and that it is written really, really transparently?

Then it would just be beyond fab. I'd hit a paypal button for that with great pleasure. And thanks for getting together to think it over.

Pan

Last edited by Pangolin; 01-14-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typoz
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote