View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Sony Reader Troubleshooting Guide

[moderator note - the information can be found in the MobileRead wiki here also in a sticky in the Sony forum here. The new wiki page name is "Sony Reader Start-Up and Reset Guide"]

Since Christmas, there has been a lot of new members joining the forums with a shiny new Sony 300, 600 and/or 900. I've noticed a lot of posts relating to problems with:

Installing the Sony Reader software
Installing Adobe Digital Editions
Authorizing their Reader to the Sony software
Authorizing their Reader to ADE
Resetting the device (hard or soft)
Borrowing library books
Ebook retailers that sell ePub, PDF and/or LRF
USB device not recognized (see post #3, thanks omk3)

There are so many posts that a newcomer to the forums could get lost just trying to sift through the information contained in multiple posts/threads.

My idea is to create a Sony Reader Troubleshooting Guide that would provide step by step instructions for all of the items listed above and any others people can think of. Most of the information will be gleamed from information already in the MR forums but just organized in one place (hopefully in the MR Wiki).

While I do not have the answers as to how to perform all these functions, I think as a community we should be able to gather a one-stop guide as to what a new owner of a Sony Reader will need to do to begin reading ebooks on their device. If they run into problems during installation, hopefully the quide will help them troubleshoot the problem and get it fixed.

Please post with comments/suggestions as to how you think this should best be accomplished. Also, if you have experience with a particular troublesome install please post as the more detailed we can get the better. Personally, I don't want to be the only person gathering this information but will help with as much as I can and any member wanting to provide assistance to the cause it will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by dreams; 12-27-2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: add mod note
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote