View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #16
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcinus View Post
Does this mean your Foleosis has been cured?
Believe it or not, it even exacerbates the symptoms. I want a Foleo more than ever. The Lenovo tablet will be good for serious computing around the house or at a table. My smart phone is great for limited "always in my pocket" computing. But there's still a need for Foleo/UMPC computing. UMPCs are a bit expensive, and Foleo is a bit limited. So people will have differing opinions.

My thought is that Foleo can do email, web and MS Office documents. That's good enough for me when I'm on the go. If it's a well designed product it could be really useful. The size and portability of a smaller, instant on, device makes it something that I would be a hundred times more likely to carry with me at meetings, conferences, on planes or in cars, etc. But like UMPCs, the Foleo is also in an immature state, so better to wait for more powerful devices with better smart phone integration and more third party applications.

So my Foleosis really does seem to be nearly incurable if the product is well-done.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote