View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Wifi, Nexus 7 (2013), Samsung Tab 10.1
It's worth reminding ourselves here at Mobileread that we are all "early adopters" ... in spite of numerous anecdotal stories like "my mom gets it!".

It's a bit weird being an "early adopter", I know, since "reading" has been going on at least since some kindly forgotten Sumerian wrote down (chiseled?) the "Epic of Gilgamesh" four or five thousand years ago.

Sometimes critical mass is something to be desired and maybe that's coming for e-reading and e-readers in 2010. (Sometimes "critical mass" is a bad thing, especially if you are within a few hundred miles of an almost exploding atomic device.)

But patience, as my mom once said, is a virtue. ADE and other "solutions" will work themselves out. In the meantime, stop to smell (or munch on) the flowers like Ferdinand the Bull, my favourite childhood storybook hero would have advised.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote