View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Comments wanted on your ereader for book handling.

You've all seen ereader reviews about how good "this" ereader is, or what great features "that" ereader has.

But little is said about how well they can handle you book collections, librarys, folders, etc.

Rather than talk about ways to get around ebook file handling problems on whatever platform you are using I would like to hear from others about how thier ereader system works.

Lets stick to what comes with the reader, not other software that you use instead.

Remember, we don't want to turn this into "my readers better than yours" or "calibre is the only thong I use".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a Sony PRS-600. I like it. I don't like the Sony software, except that it lets me sort them into "collections".

The software does work but it could be a lot better.

PRO: The PRS-600 lets you use "collections" to sort books on your reader.
PRO: You can see listings or collections in either a "list" view or thumbnails.

CON: Problems can occur if you move a book after you "import" or drag & drop books into the software.
CON: If you drag & drop a book directly to the reader or a SD card the reader can't place it in a "collection".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep It Simple - Brand, model, brief comment, PRO, CON
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote