View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
For the Harvard Classics I've often assembled them outside BD and then loaded them to BD by left clicking on the icon of the file and then selecting "Open with ..." as selecting BD.
I don't think I explained the problem very well.

Suppose you have 3 HTML books, all with pictures, and you want to combine them all into 1 book in BD.

Each of the three books is in its own folder, and each refers to its pictures as "image1.jpg", "image2.jpg", etc.

ie, we have:

BOOK 1: book1.htm, using "image1.jpg", "image2.jpg", etc.

BOOK 2: book2.htm, using "image1.jpg", "image2.jpg", etc.

BOOK 3: book3.htm, using "image1.jpg", "image2.jpg", etc.

The pictures in each book are different, even though they use the same filenames. This is the standard way that illustrated books are done in PG.

You can't simply combine all three books into 1 without editing the HTML and renaming all the image files to give unique names to each book's pictures.

That's the issue I'm facing when doing these anthologies and, as I say, I've found the best way to solve it is to open each book separately in BD, then, from BD, copy book and "paste" it into a "master" copy of BD in which I'm assembling the anthology. That way, BD renames all the pictures, giving them all unique names.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote