View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The question I have is...

Do any of the new 6" readers bring anything new?
There are actually several new display types.

Sipix (or something lie that)
Marisol
PixelQi
Plastic Logic

Many of the new devices support WiFi... some will question the need for that. But, for those that like to read newspapers on their device auto delivered having the reader auto sync with your PC or even some cloud service is nice for some people.

I also think a device like the Edge brings some new ideas... The Que actually sets a lower price point with the same features as the iRex DR1000 and also the plastic screen makes that device much more durable and less likley for you to break the screen.

So, while there is no revolution I do see new stuff in this generation of readers.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote