Thread: Iview-600EB
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
From all the buzz coming from CES, and other indications, twentyten is gonna have an explosion of ereaders. This is both good and bad. Competition is the good point, but I fear many people are going to not see the "nuances" of the various ereaders. There is going to be a lot of them w/o DRM capability, and thus limited ability to easily load the "bestsellers". And most people just getting into ebook readers are not going to have the awareness, or ability to deDRM or format shift.

This is going to sour, and p*ss-off many buyers! And, I think, push back acceptance of ebooks, at least for the short time.

No one to blame really, but the publishers and the ereader manufacturers who are creating this scenario.

Hopefully Mobileread will be able to educate enough of them (publishers, manufacturers, and READERS) to minimize this mess.

Actually I think most manufacturers are just in it for the quick buck, and don't give a damn.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote