Thread: Iview-600EB
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Iview-600EB

Wiltronic sells a number of different products under the Iview brand: netbook, digital picture frame, a bunch of digital cameras, cellphone, and more. I only got to see the one ebook reader, but according to the website Wiltronic will soon be selling 3 different models.

The one I saw was a rebranded Oaxis, which is made by Gajah International. Since the hardware specs are well known, I won't list them here. It felt quite solid and performed reasonably well. I can confirm that the reading software is FBReader, and that it has both a landscape and portrait mode. It doesn't appear to have all of FBReader's abilities, but the menu options include bookmark, search, goto page, and font size.

There are 2 page turn buttons on the left side of the screen, and on the right there are 12 buttons. When in landscape mode the two middle buttons can turn the page. I hope you can reassign some of the 12 buttons to turn the page while in portrait mode. Some users prefer one over the other.

It has a retail of $299 and a release date of soon. I'm not too happy about the price, but I see no reason not to recommend this as one of the ebook readers one might consider. It should suit someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0179.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	42788   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0180.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	42789   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0183.JPG
Views:	411