View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
There seems to be more to it than that.

Adding the ereader2html resulting "book.html" to Calibre and converting it to .pdb, then
converting that .pdb to ePub I get the following internal structure to the ePub file:

<folder>images
<folder>META-INF
<files>:
content.opf
index_split_000.html
index_split_001.html
index_split_002.html
index_split_003.html
index_split_004.html
index_split_005.html
index_split_006.html
mimetype
stylesheet.css
titlepage.xhtml
toc.ncx

And that is it.

Where as, when using Calibre to convert the same "book.html" directly to ePub, I end
up with an ePub file that has a much different structure:

<folder>META-INF
then 18 .png files
book_split_000.html
through
book_split_010.html
calibre-logo.png
calibre-titlepage.xhtml
Then another 23 .png files
content.opf
Then another 224 .png files
mimetype
Then 3 more .png
stylesheet.css
then 2 .png
toc.ncx

--------------

It looks to me like maybe if Calibre could have made an images folder and provided
the index html when it did the conversion directly, it could make an ePub ebook that
wouldn't be seen as a "File To Large" to the JBL.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote