View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
I've specifically suggested to them -- at the Blogger's Day last September, and again at the Texas Book Festival, last October -- that is, to the Marketing folks that were running those things, that they use Project Gutenberg, et. al., as marketing points. "Put a sticker on the box," I said, "tell every person who picks the thing up that there are sources of free, PD books that will drop right onto this rascal and go to town."

I know that my personal experiences lead me to believe that this particular bit if information tends to raise people's opinions of the Reader when they hear it, and in fact makes them react more positively to the existence of the ConnStore if they know about the other first. I agree that it only makes sense to impress prospective customers with places they can get books to go on their nice new shiny-shiny.

In light of the fact that they haven't done any such thing, I can only conclude that there must be some arcane marketing or more likely corporate (possibly even publisher buy-in related) reason that keeps them from doing that.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote