Thread: Classic Nook DRM issue, help!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
JustinHorne
JustinHorne began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook DRM issue, help!

Well, I got my nook, and this is so far extremely frustrating.. I love the device, but:
Here's the backstory, it MIGHT be relevant...
I ordered a nook late october, for the november 9 shipdate. I ended up getting it, then ebaying it. Before I did, since I really wanted the book, I registered the nook, moved The Tipping Point to My BN Archive, and deleted it off of the nook.

I then received my replacement (reordered) nook today. I downloaded The Tipping Point to the new nook after it was registered. It asked for my name and CC number. I put my name and only credit card # that BN has into it, and it said failed. I tried capitals, middle initial, everything, multiple times, no success.

I downloaded The Tipping Point to my computer, then opened it with the free BN ebook reader software. It again asked for my name and CC. I input it, and it accepted it.

I read the BN help files, and they suggested possibly changing your CC and redownloading it. I moved it to the archive again, put in a new to BN.com credit card, and redownloaded it to the nook. Again, no success using the new CC number. For the heck of it, I DLed it again to my computer. It asked for the info, I put in the name and new CC number, it acccepted it.
I have tried this on both wifi and ATT.

Any thoughts?
JustinHorne is offline   Reply With Quote