View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by test011 View Post
with calibre they became
---
stationed at
Chittling Street
---

At any rate, that doesn't really look like they are in right format.

Manybe there is something wrong with the original lit, although MS LIT reader doesn't show it visually, which means MS Reader and lit2mobi ignore it, but calibre detects it anyway. odd isn't it?
Hi test011,

I may be wrong but I would hazard a guess that your source LIT has been created from a MSWord doc which had "smart tags" switched on, i.e it's a problem with your source file not Calibre. I'm sure someone, somewhere likes this "feature" but I never met them!

If you liberate the HTML from the LIT by running a Calibre conversion with the Debug option switched on you can use a text editor to examine the source HTML found in Debug's Input subdir. My guess is that you will find MS smart tags around those Place Names (Chittling Street etc).

If this is indeed the case you could do either of the following:-
  1. Try to edit them out of the HTML using the text editor if you're good with Search/Replace.

or

2. Read the HTML back into MSWord, if you have it, and re-SaveAs type Webpage-filtered. This should get rid of all "smart tags".

Either way, once you've tidyed up the HTML you can re-import into Calibre and convert in the normal way.

.. or, of course, you could just say "what the heck" I'll read it as it is, and save myself the trouble!
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote