View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Interactive Fiction with Gargoyle for the Iliad

I have gargoyle compiled and working on the iLiad. This looks and works pretty well.

Quote:
Gargoyle is an IF player that supports all the major interactive fiction formats.

Most interactive fiction is distributed as portable game files. These portable game files come in many formats. In the past, you used to have to download a separate player (interpreter) for each format of IF you wanted to play.
Right now, you will need to edit run.sh in order for it to open a different book. I've included the original Zork game as a sample.

I'll admit, I've never gotten into interactive fiction before. I played Zork a little bit when I was a kid, but that's because it was included in a larger game pack I had bought. I also read those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books when I was really young. I'm not sure if that's the same thing though. Maybe someone who knows more about gargoyle and interactive fiction can help out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gargoyle3.png
Views:	1260
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	3782  
Attached Files
File Type: zip gargoyle.zip (6.01 MB, 789 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote