View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #95
Fringecup
Enthusiast
Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Sony Reader 600 Touch Edition
A couple of folks earlier on were discussing converting to ePub from other formats. Well I'm really new at ePub and didn't have a word processor (to my knowledge anyway) that would save a file in ePub format. So I searched out one called "Atlantis" that would so this. I've found, after a bit of playing around with it, that Atlantis is the cat's meow for convertine .txt and .rtx files! All you do is copy them into Atlantis, then press the save - special button and ePub is one of the options! Then, once it's in ePub, you can identify the REAL author (rather than your reader thinking that YOU are the author) and you can insert an image at the beginning to serve as a cover, if you want one. I like that featire because I have my Sony 600 set to show thumbnail images and a picture is much easier to see at a glance than some tiny words!

I've also had no problem in converting .txt files into .pdf ones that are set up for my reader by following the instructions given in the Sony help files. the problem with this method is that the book always shows up as having written by me (a lie) and I haven't figured out how to put a picture as a cover for my thumbnails.

From now on, I plan to use just ePub - it's great!!
Fringecup is offline   Reply With Quote