View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #12
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I just tried it on my machine and it works as expecied. i.e. I changed the series name to a non existing series in the edit metadata dialog, which caused the series index to be reset to 1 then I manually changed the series index to 2 and clicked OK. the series index remained 2 in the main view.
Hmm! I am on Windows XP SP3. I will watch out for it the next import of a group of titles.

I watched what happens.
When you assign or change a series name, it assumes the next HIGHEST index for that series, regardless of it's setting. As soon as you touch the index, it jumps to the highest+1 .
This is happening on a Single title Meta-Data edit. The books added were not all the same series or belonged to a non-ordered series [0]

Last edited by theducks; 01-01-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: More info
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote