View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
(X)HTML Metadata

What metadata does Calibre support for (X)HTML input? Is there a setting somewhere? I couldn't find anything in the User Manual, but I may have missed it. My experiment with importing XHTML wasn't too effective.

It seems to be able to output such data well, though.

We're having a discussion of Sigil's support for Dublin Core metadata in the <head> of (X)HTML docs used as input sources here. Near the bottom is a list of possible DCTERMS that cover most useful metadata as they relate to book collections, and some outliers. There is a specific list of what Sigil currently supports here.

Zipped, single-file XHTML is my storage format of choice, as it should convert easily to pretty much anything. I also edit a lot of files into decently marked-up XHTML. It'd be nice to have Calibre recognize the info.

Thanks!

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote