I just found this thread that extends the russian hack to give you chinese fonts + chinese menu option + clock on PRS-600.
To summaries what to do:
- download the firmware (use the skydrive link in the post)
- unpack the archive
- copy the "test" directory to the PRS600 "READER" drive
- go to the dir where you unpack the archive using the dos shell and type the command "ebook_msc PRS600" (case sensitive).
- eject the "READER" and "LAUNCHER" drives
- disconnect and reset your reader.
hope this is useful....BTW I am not the author, I just found the link on the net and tried it and its works for me...try this at your own risk
I could not get epubs converted from big5 txt files to display in the reader. LRF format converted from the same txt files are ok though. I use calibre for my conversions.