View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
OK, my 505 arrived today. It was a "Sony Refurb", but the device itself looks new. They also included the default brown cover, which was nice. It didn't include a power supply, so this was a "replacement" unit like they would send someone who sent theirs in for service.

Overall, I'm not complaining. Sure, I wanted my 500 back, as I could have bought a 505 long ago. However, the 505 is clearly the second best reader Sony made. I am very glad that I didn't have to make the migration to the current devices.

One other thing happened, when I loaded all my books into the 505. A couple, but not all, of my Calibre converted books are "gray". The white part of the paper is not pure white like other books. You can tell when you fold a corner over, the space behind the corner is white and the rest of the page is gray. I'll have to hunt around and find what I missed, I probably converted them with an old Calibre.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote