View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad mini, HP Touchpad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well, I tend to go with the consensus, but will read a few of the positive reviews and a few of the negative and decide whether it's for me or not. If there is only one or two reviews I wouldn't necessarily trust them...
I use a similar system when reading the amazon reviews. Surprisingly, the negative ones sometimes give me a much better idea whether or not the book is for me. Some negative reviews are childish or petty sounding, and those I usually don't pay much attention to; negative or semi-negative reviews that are honest and somewhat critical tend to five me a better idea about the book that gushing, 5 star reviews. . Be careful of spoilers, though, I find that a lot of reviewers on amazon spoil it up without any warning.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote