Thread: PRS 600 JUNK
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 05:50 AM   #29
NightGeometry
Zealot
NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmersteve View Post
I am interested in the comments about the screen technology I was unaware about the lack of possibility of fitting a backlight. What does everyone think about the clip on lights
I use a clip on light, and my partner uses the same type. We bought both in Waterstones... if you are a bit anti-W at the moment that may not be that useful a thing to say. The ones we have are quite small and they clip onto a case - they aren't specifically ebook reading lights (I also bought one for a friend who just wanted a reading light). They were around £3 I think.

In use - they work. The light is, in my opinion, just too little to fully illuminate the screen. As a workround I attach mine to the side of the reader, and just tilt it if necesary. This isn't perfect, but I don't use it a lot, so it doesn't bother me, that is just me though. Interestingly my partner uses hers a lot, has pretty much the same experience, but it doesn't seem to bother her at all. Each to their own, I guess.
NightGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote