View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
My darling husband bought me the Cannon DR2510 scanner for Christmas so that I can convert my vast collection of paperbooks to ebooks for my Sony 600 . I think it is his attempt to keep me out of the malls! I love the idea of converting to digital but I have no idea where to begin. I have calibrated the scanner and have successful created pdf files. I would like to take those pdf files and to ultimately convert them to either epub of lrf (which is actually my format of choice for my reader).

The scanner came with Omni Page 4 SE OCR software but I have no idea what to do with it or whether I need to invest in better OCR software like AABBYY.

So the BIG question is: What steps do I need to take to my scanned pdf files and convert them for use on a Sony reader?

Any advice?
Ouch! Is there a particular reason why he didn't buy you an OpticBook for scanning in the books?

Anyway, have fun!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote