Thread: PRS-600 Charging issue
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
I've read of this problem with Sony readers and it seems that there might be a simple explanation - ALL ereader devices made in the last few months have been rushed for Christmas.

And although the 300 & 600 have been in production longer than most of the others, there could still be "pre-season rush" errors. Or even shortages (and substitutions) of some minor parts.

This is why I didn't order the nook.

I once was a quality control inspector at an electronics components plant. I would reject batches only to have my supervisor send them back for re-approval.

So the answer to the Sony charging issue is that there may be a mechanical/software glich that causes problems charging with the USB connection.

In that case send it back (and hope that you get a better one) or pick up a PSP charger.

Point on the PSP charger - DO NOT get the cheapest you can find. A $3 charger is probably not the best bet.

P.S. - charging by USB has always worked for me.

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 12-27-2009 at 12:19 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote