View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverbrama View Post
We were able to download the library and even purchased a book, without problem. But, when we try to transfer it from the computer to the reader, it asks us to authorize the reader. We click ok and then it comes up with an error message saying it can't authorize. Oddly enough, the library also shows 1 reader and 1 computer as authorized already and then below that it shows that a reader has been detected, (my reader - we only have 1) and when we try to authorize it we get the same error message. Did live chat with sony, they said uninstall the library and then reinstall the 3.1 version, but we are still getting the same error messages and it won't authorize the reader...
I know what the problem is. Sony needs to give you your Adobe ID. Yesterday when I was setting up my sister's Reader this took about twenty minutes. You receive an email from Sony saying your Adobe ID has been set up. Then when you log in again it'll automatically log you in Adobe. Then when you transfer the book to your Reader it'll say to authorize the device, and it should work then. I'm not sure why you haven't gotten that email yet, but presumably it is because of the holiday backlog. Your Reader is authorized for the Sony library, but it has to do a second authorization for Adobe. This is a new process put in a few weeks ago to make Sony able to sell DRMed ePubs without having to have the users download Adobe Digital Editions software (thank goodness)

In the meantime, you can download some books on here in LRF and should not have a problem uploading them to your Library and putting them onto your Reader.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote