View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
jj2me
Fanatic
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, Fire; ZiiO 7"; Slick ER-701
Suggested enhancement: opt. easy-to-read colors for "View"

Suggested Calibre Enhancement:

The ability to set text and background colors for Calibre's "View" function, so that it's less tiring than reading the default black text on white background.

Or maybe even just one alternative pair of colors --I think someone here in mobileread changed their PDA's background to a rose color and text to white, which that person found easy on their eyes.

Not sure how prevalent the audience for this would be. It would offer an advantage over Amazon's Kindle for PC. Especially with increased availability of small form factor PCs that can rotate to portrait orientation. Note that landscape-only PCs will have some "bleeding" of the Windows Desktop color on the sides of the View window--those users might want to change their Windows Desktop background color to some pleasing color.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote