View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #68
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
I'd recommend some of the books by Robert Sheckley, Mindswap particularly, if you like a somewhat surreal sci-fi based humour (translation: his writing may well not be to everyones taste!).

And, of course, Douglas Adams to add to Terry Pratchett.

I would also add the Isabel Dalhousie Sunday Philosophers Club books by McCall Smith; its not that they're funny, it just I grew up in Edinburgh and they are some cuttingly observed that I can't help laughing. From time to time.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote