View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile Ordering parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoulden View Post
I had an unfortunate accident with my EZReader 6" the other day, which resulted in the front bezel of the reader being severely damaged. Thankfully, the screen is intact and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the reader functionally. Aesthetics on the other hand, leave something to be desired.

I tried contacting both Astak and Jinke to see if they would be willing to sell me a replacement piece. This is something I don't expect to be covered under warranty, and I have no problem replacing the part myself. However, in the week since I sent off my request, neither company has bothered to answer my support query. In all honesty, I expected not to hear from Jinke, but really am disappointed in Astak's lack of response.

So, with normal support methods being totally useless, does anyone have a dead EZReader 6" (or any of the Hanlin v3 clones) they would like to part out? Barring any further accidents, I only need to front bezel (the part with the buttons and logo).

Thanks!
Dear jgouldon:

I am sorry that nobody made contact with you from Astak!! I work for Astak and that is not right. We should always answer!

To be honest, nobody has ever asked us for parts yet. But, my Product Manager does want to help you and says he thinks he can solve the problem of the front bezel. We do not have many extra parts but may have a few bezels from cannabilized units.

Please contact: support@astak.com or phone tollfree: 1-866-368-8788 and tell them that Walter said he thinks he can help!

Again, we are supposed to be here to help and I am very sorry that your request did not get answered. Please Private Message me if they do not assist you right away. I will be monitoring.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote