View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #36
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryF View Post
Hi all,

With Santa fast approaching (10 more sleeps, but who's counting), I am really hoping there will be a shiny new reader under the tree with my name on it. This will be my first ebook reader, and I'm already trying to figure out what the first book I read on it will be. Right now I'm thinking "Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss - I am longing to read it again, and I think it would be a great starting point.

Yes, I obsess about weird things - like my first ebook. I'm sure my husband could give you an entertaining list.

This got me wondering - what was the first book you read in ebook format, and was there a reason you picked that book? OK - asking the reason is a bit strange, I know.

Jan
Yes. One of the things that pushed me over the edge to purchase my first ebook reader was the free availability of so many classics which are on my to-read list for ages.

I'm actually having some fuzzzies, but I believe it was D.H. Lawerence's Sons and Lovers.

Followed by The Heart is a Lonely Hunter - Carson McCullers
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote