Thread: Classic The nook is bad for eBooks
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #72
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunebird View Post
I have been mislead. I have a Sony Reader. My fault for not doing my research. I downloaded a sample from B&N and it opened up no problem on the Sony Reader. So I bought a book and tried opening and I got the DRM message on the Sony Reader. B&N should warn people before they check out that even though the book is epub, It will not work on the Sony Reader. B&N refuses to refund my money, nor take away the DRM. I have legally purchased this book, so I should have the right to read it on the device of my choice.
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Tell them that B&N misrepresented a material fact about the product they sent you. The material fact is that by giving you a sample that worked on your Reader, they were representing that the product itself would work on your Reader.

If you are angry enough about it, follow it up with a letter to your state attorney general's consumer fraud division, copy to B&N & your credit card company.

Last edited by Harmon; 12-20-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote