Thread: Classic The nook is bad for eBooks
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #69
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Right, but since there are now different and incompatible forms of Adobe DRM they should at least list the type of drm and devices it is compatible with on a FAQ sheet or something.

They should also clearly indicate the format of any book you are looking to purchase.

It's just good customer relations and just pisses people off when it is "hidden."
B&N does list the devices that their reader application can be installed on and to me it is very clear. If they read the getting started page they say you need to download their reader software and it lists the Ipod, Itouch, blackberry, PC, Mac and nook as compatible devices. I think this is pretty clear that it won't work on a sony. I have an EZ-Reader that supports Epub and it was clear to me that I could not read B&N Epub on it until there is an update on the software to support the new Adobe/B&N DRM.

The problem I see is that someone read that B&N was going with Epub, but failed to read that it was implementing its social DRM.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote