I have read your installation instructions and as a very nervous (aka WIMP) PRS customiser I wonder whether you could clarify a few points for me (preferably in words of one syllable!).
I have a UK PRS-505 with the standard UK firmware, i.e. 1.2.00.18050. It has been customised using the usual JeffElkins/igorsk method.
At the risk of asking stupid questions ...
1. Do I have to restore my 505 back to original firmware before applying your new stuff or does it just add itself to existing customisations?
2. Do I have to apply your hacks to a card which already contains the JElkins hacks I want to keep, i.e. the SD card I used to do my original PRSCustomise? Or do I need to create a new SD card without the clock/LRFFonts etc stuff on it?
3. I assume as a UK user I need to use the Version 2 instructions. However, if I
'Copy the contents of directory "Files" to the root of the card'
it appears that the file "FskDocumentViewerAdobe.so" will end up inside the card directory "files.505.1.1.00.18040". My existing customisations ended up inside the card directory "files.505.1.2.00.18050". Is this correct?
4. Can the new file "/epub/userStyle.css" be edited to my heart's content, using a simple text editor once it's in the 505's internal memory?
5. Will the Calibre "Extra-CSS" conversion contents still override anything in "/epub/userStyle.css"
I hope I have explained my confusion and I look forward to your reply. Thank you.