Thread: Your Collection
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
For me, this falls into three stages.

Stage 1. Don't accumulate any more physical stuff. Doing this is coming along.

Stage 2. Dematerialize what I have. In progress.

Stage 3. Get rid of the leftover physical items. This is harder. Since I have a place for most of it already, I don't feel a pressure to get rid of things properly shelved. Then, in addition, there's the write-off costs. I have several hundred fine edition books. I might get a quarter of the costs back, more likely an eighth. I'd rather keep the splendour....

Now a have a few signed editions that I would like to keep anyway (signed E.E.Smith Lensman books, for example), but those number less than 50.

I guess it boils down to - if I move I'll sell, but not until then.

(add on - Once I dematerialize an item and have it properly backed up, my attachment to the existing physical item drops dramatically. To quote A.C.Clarke in 2001. "As one Dave Bowman was destroyed, another Dave Bowman became immortal.")

Last edited by Greg Anos; 12-19-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote