View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
pepak
Fanatic
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Replace DEFAULT epub fonts! (PRS-505)

What it does
This hack for Sony Reader PRS-505 (possibly the newer models too, but you are on your own with them) allows you to use your custom fonts for all EPUB files without having to modify them - that is, it should work with any file you download, including protected EPUBs (not tested).

Basically, you get all the benefits of ePub custom Fonts on 700, 505, 500, 300, 600 without having to modify each and every EPUB file.

How it works
Adobe Digital Editions, which is used by PRS-505 to render EPUB files, doesn't allow simple substitution of fonts. It does allow user CSS scripts, but the script is located in an area inaccessible to user. This hack modifies the location of the user script, thus allowing the user to easily modify it. I had to hand-edit the renderer's executable file to modify the location, which could lead to various problems, but so far all tests seem to work fine.

DOWNLOAD

Installation procedure is described in the readme file, both for "quick and easy" and "I want to combine it with other hacks" variants. If you have any problems, I will try to help.

Last edited by Nate the great; 12-19-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: fixed the link
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote