View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #18
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.MaggieScratch knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch
I picked $10, but I would be willing to wait a few months after release for that price.

HOWEVER--if I am waiting, I want it not only at a good price, but nicely formatted, with a proper cover, and without DRM. But that is a pipe dream, I'm sure.

If the publishers wanted to attract buyers of ebooks at hardback prices at release, they should add extras such as author interviews, short stories, etc.

And they should allow retail discounting as they do now for hardbacks. Even when I buy hardbacks at release, they're almost always discounted either by Amazon or Barnes & Noble, sometimes quite heavily. I think I paid around $15 each for the last two Harry Potter books, which were retail priced much more--the last one was $35, I think.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote