Originally Posted by fyrogenesis
what are the differences between 301+ and 360?
for starter, can 301+ run program/plugin like 360?
- 6" screen,
- only 5way d-pad - not two big pageturning buttons),
- jack for headphones - you can listen to mp3,
- does not have acclerometer - the screen does not flip automatically when you tilt the device,
- does not have lid
- 5" screen - it has the same number of pixels, so the firmware is identical (screen-wise) to 301
- two more big pageturning buttons
- does not have audio jack
- does have accelerometer. You can switch it off if you read in bed or in various non-vertical positions
- does have lid
Firmware is almost identical. I believe it is compiled from the same source code as 360. It goes so far, that in 360 firmware you can map volume up and volume down despite the fact that 360 does not have audio playing HW ;-)
So, 301 can do everything 360 can, plus it can play mp3.
Here on Mobileread 360 is more frequently discussed, but on Russian speaking forum http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=32
where 360 was born, 301 is more discussed, because it is much older.